Releases of ImageJ up to 1.53j were published to Maven repositories via ImageJA, but starting with ImageJ 1.53k, releases are now built and deployed directly from the primary ImageJ repository on GitHub.
- When run as an applet, ImageJA is embedded.
- The internal structure of ImageJA’s recorder allows command listeners to get much more fine-grained information.
- When launching a text editor, in many cases ImageJA will now choose Fiji’s Script Editor, if available, instead of the old AWT based ImageJ editor.
- ImageJA has an easy Plugin installer via Plugins › Install PlugIn… (ImageJ only has that drag-n-drop thingie).
- The instance listener is RMI-based with ImageJA, so there is no security issue with it.
- ImageJA’s Command Launcher has fuzzy matching, too.
- A couple of bug fixes:
- ImageJA also put back some not-yet-deprecated methods as deprecated.
- A simple bug fix in PolygonRoi drawing (it moves to the first point, but then draws a line to the same first point rather than the second).
- A little bug fix in StackWindow: if you have a 2D time lapse, ImageJ will still use the zSelector (rather than the tSelector).
- ImageJA can handle https:// URLs, too.