Which distribution of ImageJ would you like to download?
Need help deciding? Click here.
Here are a few highlights of the two flavors of ImageJ. It’s not an exhaustive comparison, just a summary to give you an idea of their respective strengths.
For a thorough discussion of the two projects and their differences, please read these papers:
Still have questions? Ask on the Image.sc Forum!
ImageJ will run on any system that has a Java 8 (or later) runtime installed. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Windows XP, Vista, 7 or 8 with Java installed from java.com
- Mac OS X 10.8 “Mountain Lion” or later with Java installed from java.com
- Ubuntu Linux 12.04 LTS or later with OpenJDK 8 installed
ImageJ as a web application
In lieu of downloading and installing a desktop application, you can run ImageJ in your web browser (on desktops or mobile devices).
You can try it here: https://ij.imjoy.io.
And see ImageJ.JS for details.
- Many common questions are answered on the FAQ and Troubleshooting pages.
- If you encounter bugs, please see the Getting Help page.
See the source code page for details on obtaining the ImageJ source code.