[ImageJ-devel] Netbeans and Maven

Gerrit Polder gerrit.polder at wur.nl
Wed Feb 13 02:13:06 CST 2013

Johannes,

oops, forgot to mention here, sorry about that, but my problem was solved by installing a fresh new fiji setup.
after that everything worked as expected.

Gerrit.

On 13 Feb 2013, at 00:31, Johannes Schindelin <schindelin at wisc.edu>
 wrote:

> Hi Gerrit,
>
> On Wed, 13 Feb 2013, Johannes Schindelin wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 12 Feb 2013, Johannes Schindelin wrote:
>>
>> I guess the problem is as I indicated a couple of weeks ago (and as you
>> might have guessed, I really did not get around to take care of it until
>> today): initializing upload sites via SSH only works if you have
>> ij-updater-ssh.jar installed (it comes from the ImageJ update site and
>> is *not* installed by default).
>>
>> So for the time being, could you look for that file in the uninstalled
>> files view in the advanced mode of the updater and install it?
>
> Actually, it seems that something else went wrong in your Fiji. Is there
> some other message in the Console before what you reported? I do get
> something along the lines

> 	'jars/rsyntaxtextarea.jar' from update site 'Fiji' shadows the one
> 		from update site 'ImageJ'
> 	Found 293 plugins.
> 	Created service: imagej.htread.DefaultThreadService
> 	Created service: imagej.event.DefaultEventService
> 	Created service: imagej.plugin.DefaultPluginService
> 	Found 3 upload mechanisms.
>
> Later on I do get

> 	Found 219 plugins.
> 	Created service: imagej.htread.DefaultThreadService
> 	Created service: imagej.event.DefaultEventService
> 	Created service: imagej.plugin.DefaultPluginService
> 	Found 1 upload mechanisms.
>
> and then when I try something similar to you (initialize an update site
> via SSH), after tons of "file: ..." and "dependency ..." lines:
>
> 	Uncaught exception in thread Thread[AWT-EventQueue-0,6,main]
> 	java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No uploader found for protocol ssh
>
> I will work on that issue (which can be worked around as I suggested, by
> installing ij-updater-ssh.jar first, or as I suggested originally, by
> installing to a local directory using the file:localhost "SSH host" and
> then copying the files over to the final destination) that the SSH upload
> protocol should be installed transparently when needed.
>
> Ciao,
> Johannes

dr. ing. G (Gerrit) Polder
Wageningen UR, Biometris
P.O.Box 100, 6700 AC Wageningen, the Netherlands
http://www.wageningenur.nl/en/Persons/dr.ing.-G-Gerrit-Polder.htm
email: gerrit.polder at wur.nl
phone: +31.317.480751