[ImageJ-devel] TANGO

Jean Ollion ollion at mnhn.fr
Sat May 30 11:35:54 CDT 2015

Hello To everyone,

There is no roadblock to tango working in ij2, the problem of Alexandra is
only due to a problem with the fiji updater, for some reason in her system
(macosx64) only tango is updated and not mcib (but it works properly in my
system, linux64). Any clue about what the problem might be?

@Curtis, in your answer to Alexandra, what do you mean by "It would be best
for TANGO to be distributed via an ImageJ update site, which are only
supported in ImageJ2" ?
For the moment our pugin Tango is distributed under FIJI via an official
update site, and works in legacy mode (uses the "old" plugin system, and
doesn't use libraries of ImageJ2). Do you mean this type of distribution
won't be supported anymore?

Best,
Jean
 Dear Alex and IJ2 developers,

TANGO uses its own library for image processing and object analysis. We use
ImageJ and IJ1 mainly for opening images and drawing Rois of our 3D objects
as a overlay of the image. We would be happy to discuss more about
integration of TANGO into IJ2 . For completeness if you want to add plugins
into TANGO (filtering, segmentation, or measurements),you can use our own
MCIB library. We however already provide basic functions to exchange image
data between TANGO and IJ1, maybe we should write, using some help, basic
data exchange between TANGO and IJ2.

Best,

Thomas

PS : in copy the main developer of TANGO, Jean

On 29/05/15 05:25, Curtis Rueden wrote:

Hi Alex,

 > One of the developers of TANGO told me to use ImageJ1 because he
> wasn't sure how the switch between libraries is managed. Do I need to
> reinstall in this case?

 When he says "use ImageJ1" he means:
  http://imagej.net/download.html

 But please, encourage the TANGO developer to contact the imagej-devel
mailing list to discuss any roadblocks to TANGO working properly in
ImageJ2. It would be best for TANGO to be distributed via an ImageJ update
site, which are only supported in ImageJ2.