[ImageJ-devel] plugin dev in elcipse

Mark Hiner hiner at wisc.edu
Thu Jun 25 12:39:18 CDT 2015

Hi Daniel,

>The Fiji.sc docs describe how to do a plugin in the script editor,
>or how to develop imageJ itself in eclipse,
>but not how to get one of the external Fiji plugins, like coloc analysis,
>and then run Fiji with my hacked plugin code running from eclipse????

This process is described in the Developing Fiji in Eclipse tutorial[1] -
which I just updated with a bit more information.

>i can run imageJ from there by highlighting the ij jar and doing run as
java application

If you are running ij.jar from the Maven dependencies of
Colocalisation_Analysis, then Eclipse is likely just literally executing
the jar without anything else on the classpath. Using Debug.run will give
you an ImageJ with your plugin loaded properly.

Also, if you don't want to make a temporary main method, you can always
build the .jar for your plugin and put it into an existing Fiji
installation.

Hope that helps.

Best,
Mark