[ImageJ-devel] Maven puzzle

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Fri Feb 13 10:37:29 CST 2015

Hi Tobi,

> It turns out, that Jenkins has a problem with it

I see: I could not reproduce because the new "try/catch with resources"
code was not yet on the master branch.

I share your surprise that somehow overriding the scijava.jvm.version
property is not enough. I have run into similar subtle issues with property
overrides for dependency versions, but more recently was unable to
reproduce them. It probably has something to do with how the POMs are
resolved, and would be worth our time to understand better so that we avoid
similar issues in the future.