[ImageJ-devel] Maven puzzle

Tobias Pietzsch pietzsch at mpi-cbg.de
Fri Feb 13 09:26:46 CST 2015

Hi Curtis

On 11 Feb 2015, at 17:45, Curtis Rueden <ctrueden at wisc.edu> wrote:

> Hi Tobi,
>
> > [ERROR]
> > /Users/pietzsch/workspace/BigDataViewer/bigdataviewer-server/src/main/java/bdv/server/BigDataServer.java:[248,46]
> > multi-catch statement is not supported in -source 1.5
> >
> > However, shouldn’t this be already automatically done by setting scijava.jvm.version=1.7???
>
> Whoa, strange. Especially since it says *1.5*, which is the Maven default...
>
> Furthermore, I cannot reproduce this problem on my system. Building with Java 6, Java 7 or Java 8 (with JAVA_HOME set accordingly), and with only the scijava.jvm.version set to 1.7, I am able to build the project successfully.
>
> I pushed some changes to master, so that we can see whether Jenkins has a problem with it.

It turns out, that Jenkins has a problem with it:
http://jenkins.imagej.net/view/BigDataViewer/job/bigdataviewer-server/8/
has the error I reported earlier.
Adding int the maven-compiler-plugin snippet fixed it.
(http://jenkins.imagej.net/view/BigDataViewer/job/bigdataviewer-server/9/)
Probably there was no code to trigger the behaviour on master before.

all the best,
Tobias