[ImageJ-devel] Confusion about SubsampleIntervalView, HyperSliceImgPlus, etc.

Jan Schier schier at utia.cas.cz
Fri Feb 13 06:45:57 CST 2015

Hi,

Excuse me perhaps naive questions for this list. I have, say, reasonable
experience with Java coding for ImageJ1, and now I have tried to touch
ImageJ2 and ImgLib2

I have written some code using Haar wavelets on 3D images last year,
using HyperSliceImgPlus.fixChannelAxis() to select the channel and then
SubsampleIntervalView etc. to get the sampling for wavelet computation.

Essentially, I have used something like

final ImgPlus<T> input = (ImgPlus<T>)dataset.getImgPlus();
final Img<T> viewChan = HyperSliceImgPlus.fixChannelAxis(input, 1L);

and then I was using Img<T> for subsampling and further processing.
With this code, I run into conflict between net.imglib2.meta.ImgPlus<T>
and net.imagej.ImgPlus<T> now.

I wanted to extend it now, but things have changed a lot with ops. I
assume that my approach of working on Img<T> is incorrect now.

- how should I replace the above construct for channel selection now?

- what should I use for the subsampling operations to do it properly? I
assume I should stay at the Dataset or ImgPlus level?

Many thanks for any hint,

Jan