[ImageJ-devel] mvn javadoc problem with java 8

Johannes Schindelin johannes.schindelin at gmx.de
Wed Feb 11 10:36:19 CST 2015

Hi Curtis,

On 2015-02-11 17:31, Curtis Rueden wrote:

>> I get the following errors when running with java 8
>>
>> Works fine with java 7 and java 6.
>>
>> Is this a known problem?
>
> Java 8's javadoc tool is much more stringent than previously, due to
> the
> addition of doclint checks [1].

Curtis, you forgot to say that the `#getSource(long)` probably needs to
be replaced by a `#getSource(int, int)` because the class has only a
`getSource` method with the latter signature.

But I agree that Javadocs that are obviously wrong should be fixed
rather than switching off Javadoc generation in the Maven configuration.

Ciao,
Dscho