[ImageJ-devel] Cannot run or debug a project with Netbeans

Johannes Schindelin Johannes.Schindelin at gmx.de
Tue Mar 11 05:07:18 CDT 2014

Hi Chris,

On Mon, 10 Mar 2014, Chris wrote:

> I started using Netbeans today after many months, and I can no longer see my project when I attempt to debug it.  I get the error in the Output:

> 	at javax.swing.ImageIcon.<init>(ImageIcon.java:205)
> 	at PostCard.initComponents(PostCard.java:74)

I do not see an ImageIcon call on line 74:

https://github.com/ad1054/Postcards/blob/master/src/main/java/PostCard.java#L74

This suggests that your repository is desynchronized with your local code.

In any case, it looks as if the getClass().getResource("/English.jpg")
call returns null. So the best idea would be to add a debug statement
(i.e. a System.err.println()) to show what
getClass().getResource("/PostCard.class") returns; You can then deduce
where the English.jpg is expected to be (but cannot be found).

Ciao,
Johannes