[ImageJ-devel] Help! - Maven/Eclipse problem with fiji.sc dependencies

Tobias Pietzsch pietzsch at mpi-cbg.de
Fri Jan 17 08:32:45 CST 2014

Hi Johannes,

thanks a lot for those pointers! I think I found it!
I traced it down to pom-fiji. It still has this section https://github.com/fiji/fiji/blob/master/pom.xml#L165-180
                <profile>
                        <id>eclipse</id>
                        <activation>
                                <property>
                                        <name>m2e.version</name>
                                </property>
                        </activation>
                        <dependencies>
                                <dependency>
                                        <groupId>net.java.sezpoz</groupId>
                                        <artifactId>sezpoz</artifactId>
                                        <version>${sezpoz.version}</version>
                                </dependency>
                        </dependencies>
                </profile>
which pulls in sezpoz with the undefined version.
I'm still working to put my setup back together into a working state, but that seems to be the cause of it.

Btw, can you recommend a good way to trace through the pom dependency tree?
I used a combination of Eclipse's "Effective pom", grep-ing in ~/.m2/repository, and pure luck… Are there better tools?

best regards,
Tobias