[ImageJ-devel] [fiji-devel] Re: Help! - Maven/Eclipse problem with fiji.sc dependencies

Mark Hiner hinerm at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 09:08:52 CST 2014

Hi Tobias,

On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 8:32 AM, Tobias Pietzsch <pietzsch at mpi-cbg.de>wrote:

> Btw, can you recommend a good way to trace through the pom dependency tree?
> I used a combination of Eclipse's "Effective pom", grep-ing in
> ~/.m2/repository, and pure luck… Are there better tools?

Personally, I like to use the
dependency:tree<http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-dependency-plugin/tree-mojo.html>plugin
from the command line, and I prefer the "Dependency Hierarchy" in
Eclipse (which is basically the same as dependency:tree, and perhaps easier
to read).

The Effective POM can be helpful, but I find it to be too much information
when you're just trying to figure out dependencies.

- Mark