[ImageJ-devel] Help! - Maven/Eclipse problem with fiji.sc dependencies

Johannes Schindelin Johannes.Schindelin at gmx.de
Fri Jan 17 07:39:37 CST 2014

Hi Tobias,

On Fri, 17 Jan 2014, Tobias Pietzsch wrote:

> ArtifactDescriptorException: Failed to read artifact descriptor for
> net.java.sezpoz:sezpoz:jar:${sezpoz.version}:
> ArtifactResolutionException: Failure to transfer
> net.java.sezpoz:sezpoz:pom:${sezpoz.version} from
> http://maven.imagej.net/content/repositories/releases was cached in the
> local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update
> interval of imagej.releases has elapsed or updates are forced.

We do not use Sezpoz anymore. I can only imagine that m2e (i.e. Eclipse's
Maven support) cached the need for it somewhere, or that one of your
other dependencies does. The pom-scijava does not define the
sezpoz.version anymore.

A workaround would be to define sezpoz.version to 1.9-imagej, a proper
solution would be to find out what is causing that dependency to be drawn
in and update it accordingly.

> The weird thing is that from the command line everything works.

Command-line Maven is quite a bit more correct in its interpretation of
the project configuration than m2e (or for that matter, than MiniMaven).

Ciao,
Johannes