[ImageJ-devel] [fiji-devel] Help! - Maven/Eclipse problem with fiji.sc dependencies

Stephan Preibisch stephan.preibisch at gmx.de
Thu Jan 16 20:31:15 CST 2014

Hi Tobias,

that might be related to the fact that I externalized the SPIM_Registration I guess ... can you maybe try to just check out the git repository instead?

https://github.com/fiji/spimreconstruction

Steffi

On Jan 16, 2014, at 21:28 , Tobias Pietzsch wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just deleted my .m2 directory and let Eclipse download the internet again to fill it.
> The problem persists :(
>
> Tobias
>
> On Jan 17, 2014, at 3:15 AM, Tobias Pietzsch <pietzsch at mpi-cbg.de> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I'm having suddenly many "bad pom" errors in Eclipse.
>> For the SpimViewer project, I narrowed it down to the following:
>> If I remove all sc.fiji projects from the dependencies, it builds fine (except for compile errors related to classes in those missing dependencies)
>> For me, the fiji.sc dependencies are
>> 		<dependency>
>> 			<groupId>sc.fiji</groupId>
>> 			<artifactId>SPIM_Opener</artifactId>
>> 			<version>2.0.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
>> 		</dependency>
>> 		<dependency>
>> 			<groupId>sc.fiji</groupId>
>> 			<artifactId>SPIM_Registration</artifactId>
>> 			<version>2.0.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
>> 		</dependency>
>> Enabling any of these causes trouble.
>>
>> From command line maven, everything builds fine.
>>
>> I made a new Eclipse workspace, cloned (only) the SpimViewer project into it and tried again. Same problem.
>> I'm seeing errors like this one:
>>
>> ArtifactDescriptorException: Failed to read artifact descriptor for net.java.sezpoz:sezpoz:jar:${sezpoz.version}: ArtifactResolutionException: Failure to transfer net.java.sezpoz:sezpoz:pom:${sezpoz.version} from http://maven.imagej.net/content/repositories/releases was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of imagej.releases has elapsed or updates are forced. Original error: Could not transfer artifact net.java.sezpoz:sezpoz:pom:${sezpoz.version} from/to imagej.releases (http://maven.imagej.net/content/repositories/releases): Illegal character in path at index 78: http://maven.imagej.net/content/repositories/releases/net/java/sezpoz/sezpoz/${sezpoz.version}/sezpoz-${sezpoz.version}.pom	pom.xml	/SpimViewer	line 1	Maven Dependency Problem
>>
>> (Indeed, I have a directory .m2/repository/net/java/sezpoz/sezpoz/${sezpoz.version} now)
>>
>> The weird thing is that from the command line everything works.
>>
>> Does anyone have an idea what could be wrong? This basically stops me from working completely…
>>
>> thanks for any help,
>> Tobias

---

Dr. Stephan Preibisch
HFSP Fellow
Robert H. Singer / Eugene Myers lab

Albert Einstein College of Medicine / HHMI Janelia Farm / MPI-CBG

email: stephan.preibisch at einstein.yu.edu / preibischs at janelia.hhmi.org / preibisch at mpi-cbg.de
web: http://www.preibisch.net/