[ImageJ-devel] SCIFIO via Avian, was Re: [VIGRA] Avian VM and Bio-Formats

Johannes Schindelin Johannes.Schindelin at gmx.de
Fri Nov 29 08:09:27 CST 2013

Hi Ulli,

On Thu, 28 Nov 2013, Ullrich Koethe wrote:

> I checked out the repos you mentioned, but couldn't compile:
>
> > - have the following branches of the following projects built (just call
> > "mvn
> >    install" after cloning and switching to the correct branch):
> >
> >    'avian' of https://github.com/scifio/scifio
>
> 'mvn install' runs through.
>
> >    'debug/scifio' of https://github.com/dscho/avian
>
> 'mvn install' stops with
>
> [ERROR] The goal you specified requires a project to execute but there is no
> POM in this directory.

I am an idiot! Avian uses the "make" command. That will compile things
into a subdirectory of build/. It actually requires JAVA_HOME to point to
a JDK and javac to be in the PATH. Sorry for not describing this
correctly.

> >    'wip' of https://github.com/dscho/vigra-imglib2
>
> 'mvn install' stops with
>
> [ERROR] Error: Class net.imglib2.Interval could not be found.

That is funny. It works here without a hitch, but maybe only because I had
cloned and "mvn install"ed https://github.com/imagej/imglib earlier. Will
investigate.

> BTW, Tobias' VIGRA bindings work on my machine (Windows 7 with Visual
> Sudio 2012).

Okay. I fear that he duplicated a large part of my work to get there, but
then, I cannot look at it anyway :-)

Ciao,
Johannes