[ImageJ-devel] Polygon overlay bugs

Gabriel Landini G.Landini at bham.ac.uk
Thu May 10 03:59:52 CDT 2012

On Wednesday 09 May 2012 21:23:28 Senseney, Justin  [E] wrote:
> I have three (really two) bugs to report that are specific to polyline ROIs,
> tested with the snapshot build, these bugs do not occur/are not applicable
> to shapes with shown bounding boxes.
>
> ·         With polygon overlays, the ROI is filled/inverted by applying a
> line from one point in the ROI to the next, instead of considering the
> spline that has been created.  This leaves pockets within the ROI that are
> not filled, as in:
>
> ·         Hopefully when you fix the above bug the following won’t even be
> an issue, but just to add a little bit of complexity:  I take a simple
> polygon ROI and make it non-simple using the blue tangent lines that you
> get when clicking on a point.  Filling does not take into account the

Something related I noted some time ago.
I find the smoothed ROIs a bit puzzling. Sure for deforming an ROI they might
be useful, but is it possible to see what is in and what is not in the ROI?
Can one "draw" a pixel-accurate ROI this way?

Is there any option to have "thin" ROI edges instead of these thickened
overlays?

Regards

Gabriel