[ImageJ-devel] Polygon overlay bugs

Senseney, Justin (NIH/CIT) [E] senseneyj at mail.nih.gov
Thu May 10 10:51:56 CDT 2012

-----Original Message-----

>Something related I noted some time ago.
>I find the smoothed ROIs a bit puzzling. Sure for deforming an ROI they might be useful, but is it possible to see what is in and what is >not in the ROI?
>Can one "draw" a pixel-accurate ROI this way?

IJ1 handles this well, since straight lines are always connecting points, so you're likely to have a range of pixel types that will complement each other to provide an ROI that neither over-counts or under-counts the pixels.  It's a good question for curved ROIs if there's an algorithm that can provide an efficient approach.  I have not looked.

Justin Senseney
BIRSS/ISL/DCB/CIT/NIH
301-594-5887
301-480-0028 (fax)