[ImageJ-devel] Polygon overlay bugs

Senseney, Justin (NIH/CIT) [E] senseneyj at mail.nih.gov
Wed May 9 15:23:28 CDT 2012

I have three (really two) bugs to report that are specific to polyline ROIs, tested with the snapshot build, these bugs do not occur/are not applicable to shapes with shown bounding boxes.

*         With polygon overlays, the ROI is filled/inverted by applying a line from one point in the ROI to the next, instead of considering the spline that has been created.  This leaves pockets within the ROI that are not filled, as in:

[cid:image002.jpg at 01CD2E00.10D11CF0]

*         Hopefully when you fix the above bug the following won't even be an issue, but just to add a little bit of complexity:  I take a simple polygon ROI and make it non-simple using the blue tangent lines that you get when clicking on a point.  Filling does not take into account the intersecting nature of the polygon's sides.  Example:

This [cid:image007.jpg at 01CD2E00.10D11CF0]  turned into [cid:image011.jpg at 01CD2E00.10D11CF0]  and filled, fills the "original" ROI.

*         I created a polyline ROI, filled it, then moved the ROI to another location.  Fill/Invert will no longer work for the ROI.  Here is an example:

[cid:image012.jpg at 01CD2E00.10D11CF0]

Hope you find these helpful.

Thanks,
Justin Senseney