[ImageJ-devel] [IMGLIB] moved algorithm and stats packages out of imglib2-core

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Thu Mar 1 12:29:06 CST 2012

Hi Albert, Tobias and everyone,

> I.e., Histogram should not have an getHistogram()
> > that returns an int[] array which represents the histogram.  Rather,
> > Histogram itself should represent the histogram.  For example, it could
> > implement RandomAccessibleInterval< IntType > to achieve that, and the
> > histogram could be computed in the constructor.
>
> I agree with that. The scripting library follows this approach to the
> fullest. Functions on images are images themselves.

I also think this is a good idea. However, we don't currently have time to
make these changes. So for now I split the imglib2-algorithms package as
discussed. This allowed us to fix the ImageJ2 build.

I have filed a ticket to remind us about the proposed Histogram changes:
  http://code.imagej.net/trac/imagej/ticket/1041

Tobias, you are CCed. Anyone else interested let me know and I will add you
to the CC list.