[ImageJ-devel] Finding classes and importing the right Maven artifacts

Michael Doube michael at doube.net
Sun Jul 29 04:06:22 CDT 2012

Hi Johannes,

> For the moment, I have not deployed *any* Fiji artifacts, mainly because I
> have to sort out a couple of issues first: since I want to deploy them
> from Jenkins, I have to make sure that it does not try to re-deploy
> non-snapshot versions (there are a couple ones in src-plugins/, most
> notably imagescience and friends, which are stable releases and as such
> really do not want the -SNAPSHOT suffix in their version).

But that sounds promising that in a little while I will be able to add
Fiji plugins to my pom.xml and start coding and building with them, and
also tell ImageJ to make sure they are installed at runtime. That will
be perfect.

> It will take well into next week to sort out these issues, sorry!

I'm not in a super hurry, I just got lucky and had a couple of quiet
days in-between my day job, having babies, writing grants and papers,
and moving countries. So it might be a little while before I get a
chance to play with this again!

What about the possibility that third party plugins, not-necessarily
relevant to Fiji's life-sciences remit (e.g. materials science), could
leverage ImageJ2's continuous integration / building / testing /
repository magic? I'm thinking here about a bare-bones ImageJ2 to which
you could drop in some plugin and have the dependencies satisfied, with
confidence that all the unit tests have passed with the installed
configuration.

Michael