[ImageJ-devel] Finding classes and importing the right Maven artifacts

Johannes Schindelin Johannes.Schindelin at gmx.de
Fri Jul 27 13:41:23 CDT 2012

Hi Michael,

On Fri, 27 Jul 2012, Michael Doube wrote:

> What I would like to do in the end is have ImageJ handle runtime
> dependencies. Is there a way to tell Maven to make sure these things are
> present at compile-time? In particular, I'd like to build against a
> couple of plugins which are listed as modules in Fiji's
> src-plugins/pom.xml AnalyzeSkeleton_ and LocalThickness. At the moment I
> have to put their jars in the build path.

That's correct, unless you build Fiji in your Eclipse workspace as well.
Then you can add the dependencies to the pom.xml file.

For the moment, I have not deployed *any* Fiji artifacts, mainly because I
have to sort out a couple of issues first: since I want to deploy them
from Jenkins, I have to make sure that it does not try to re-deploy
non-snapshot versions (there are a couple ones in src-plugins/, most
notably imagescience and friends, which are stable releases and as such
really do not want the -SNAPSHOT suffix in their version).

It will take well into next week to sort out these issues, sorry!

Ciao,
Johannes