[ImageJ-devel] Continuous Integrateion, was: Re: Finding classes and importing the right Maven artifacts

Johannes Schindelin Johannes.Schindelin at gmx.de
Mon Jul 30 12:18:13 CDT 2012

Hi Michael,

On Sun, 29 Jul 2012, Michael Doube wrote:

> I'm not in a super hurry, I just got lucky and had a couple of quiet
> days in-between my day job, having babies, writing grants and papers,
> and moving countries.

Heh... Good luck with all that!

> So it might be a little while before I get a chance to play with this
> again!

No worries. It actually takes a little pressure from me, for which I am
thankful.

> What about the possibility that third party plugins, not-necessarily
> relevant to Fiji's life-sciences remit (e.g. materials science), could
> leverage ImageJ2's continuous integration / building / testing /
> repository magic? I'm thinking here about a bare-bones ImageJ2 to which
> you could drop in some plugin and have the dependencies satisfied, with
> confidence that all the unit tests have passed with the installed
> configuration.

To that end, I would seriously suggest to go a slightly different route:
if you are already on GitHub, there is this fantastic offer called
BuildHive (offered by CloudBees to Open Source projects for free):

	https://buildhive.cloudbees.com/

It is basically that service you ask for: once you opted in, it will run
tests whenever you push new commits to your 'master' branch. All you need
to do is make a set of JUnit tests, which is really easy.

Ciao,
Dscho