[ImageJ-devel] [fiji-devel] Changes in ImgLib synchronization

Johannes Schindelin Johannes.Schindelin at gmx.de
Wed Feb 22 10:39:43 CST 2012

Hi Curtis,

On Wed, 22 Feb 2012, Curtis Rueden wrote:

> > I worked pretty hard on the 2nd generation Git synchronizer which
> > tries to keep our ImgLib repositories in sync (we now have already
> > three public ImgLib repositories: one on fiji.sc, one on
> > code.imagej.net and one on GitHub).
> >

> Nice, thanks very much for this!
>
> What do you think about combining the "Git-synchronizer" and
> "Update-IJ2s-Git-Mirror" jobs into a single "Repository-synchronizer"
> job?  We can then add in additional repositories that require
> synchronization in the future (there will be several more, including
> imagej2).

The IJ2 mirror is a Git-SVN mirror, so something slightly different. Also,
I would like to keep the Jenkins job separate so that notifications about
failures can be sent to different sets of email addresses.

Having said that, it probably makes sense to extract the git-svn mirroring
into a script that could be used for other SVN mirroring jobs.

Speaking of jobs, if we want to add tons of such jobs, we might need to
make job groups in Jenkins like the NEST initiative has done...

> > Relatedly, one thing I am planning to do is create a "scijava-base"
> > project
> of some kind in the github.com/scijava space. Initially this would be
> toplevel Maven POM containing common settings: use of Java 1.6, version
> number constants to avoid version clashes between projects, a couple of
> necessary hacks, etc. Currently, these settings are duplicated between
> imagej2, imglib, imageja, scifio and loci-software project hierarchies.
> It would be better for them all to inherit from scijava-base. While we
> are at it, common scripts like the git-synchronizer could live there
> too.

Makes sense!

Ciao,
Dscho