[ImageJ-devel] [fiji-devel] Changes in ImgLib synchronization

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Wed Feb 22 10:15:12 CST 2012

Hi Dscho,

I worked pretty hard on the 2nd generation Git synchronizer which tries to
> keep our ImgLib repositories in sync (we now have already three public
> ImgLib repositories: one on fiji.sc, one on code.imagej.net and one on
> GitHub).

Nice, thanks very much for this!

What do you think about combining the "Git-synchronizer" and
"Update-IJ2s-Git-Mirror" jobs into a single "Repository-synchronizer" job?
We can then add in additional repositories that require synchronization in
the future (there will be several more, including imagej2).

Relatedly, one thing I am planning to do is create a "scijava-base" project
of some kind in the github.com/scijava space. Initially this would be
toplevel Maven POM containing common settings: use of Java 1.6, version
number constants to avoid version clashes between projects, a couple of
necessary hacks, etc. Currently, these settings are duplicated between
imagej2, imglib, imageja, scifio and loci-software project hierarchies. It
would be better for them all to inherit from scijava-base. While we are at
it, common scripts like the git-synchronizer could live there too.