[ImageJ-devel] [fiji-devel] ImgLib2 merge to master

Stephan Saalfeld saalfeld at mpi-cbg.de
Thu Apr 21 08:57:31 CDT 2011

Hi Albert,

RealTypeConverter could be resurrected, just pick it from imglib1, if
you need it.  I do not like it because it does not care about type
boundaries and transfers short to int through a double.

> 2. Cursor is an interface and it lacks a "getImg", so I had to store
> the Img deep in the most abstract classes, where before only the
> Cursor was stored.

The preferred design choice would be to store the IterableInterval<T>
instead a Cursor<T> and create as many Cursor<T> as you need on demand.
This is by no means more consumptive than keeping a Cursor<T> keeping a
handle on the IterableInterval<T>.

Stephan