[ImageJ-devel] CellProfiler 2.0 / ImageJ 2.0

Lee Kamentsky leek at broadinstitute.org
Thu Sep 23 13:32:06 CDT 2010

  OK, I just finished 4 days of hacking to get CellProfiler to read the
@parameter tags. I also took the plugin that we use the most,
"Tubeness", and converted it to use the tags and removed its gui code
(dialog stuff + image display). The result: CellProfiler runs an ImageJ
plugin, displaying the parameters (including input and output images) as
settings in our module. In this case, "InputImage", "Sigma", "Use
calibration" and "Output image" are the parameters. The result appears
below, totally seamless.

Curtis, I'll probably give you two pipelines: one that runs on the
current CellProfiler release with the old ImageJ and one that is my
personal build with a bleeding-edge ImageJ 2.0 build. This reinforces
the message we want to send:

Your plugin is the manifestation of your method or algorithm which is
what's important to you.
Your plugin conforms to the ImageJ 2.0 standard.
Your method can be used by any software that accepts ImageJ 2.0 plugins.

How cool.

--Lee

ImageJ 2.0 / CellProfiler 2.0