[ImageJ-devel] Displaying into Swing/JFrame

Andrew J Askey AJAskey at raytheon.com
Mon Sep 14 16:04:44 CDT 2015

Hi. I am trying to use ImageJ2 as a tool in a larger application which is
built using Swing windows.  I want to display the windows from ImageJ
inside of one of my application JFrame windows (could be some other
component if that works better).  I have had some luck creating an
ImageCanvas and adding to my layout.  This opens the ImagePlus object and
appears to read the mouse correctly.  But any drawing does not show up. If
I use and IJ.ImageJ object it displays but not in my JFrame.  Funny thing
is that I can draw on my window frame and it shows up in the standard
ImageJ window (so reads/input are mapped correctly but writes/out are
not).

My question:  Is there a message thread that covers this I can read?  Does
someone have a sample app or suggestion they care to share?

For a simpler approach, I would not mind just running the ImageJ app and
having the output sent to my JFrame, if this is an option already built in
to ImageJ.

Thanks.
Andy Askey
Software Engineer - RME
Intelligence, Information and Services
Raytheon Company
+1 720.858.4183   (office)
AJAskey at raytheon.com
RSpace Profile

This message contains information that may be confidential and privileged.
Unless you are the addressee (or authorized to receive mail for the
addressee), you should not use, copy or disclose to anyone this message or
any information contained in this message. If you have received this
message in error, please so advise the sender by reply e-mail and delete
this message. Thank you for your cooperation.