[ImageJ-devel] Question about ImageJ2 icon

Mark Hiner hiner at wisc.edu
Thu Oct 1 08:43:35 CDT 2015

Hi Erik,

> Was this created by you (as your name is mentioned there)?

I didn't create the image, just uploaded the latest version after resizing
it. It was created as part of LOCI's funded work on IJ2 though so I believe
it is copyright Broad Institute and/or UW board of regents.

As you noticed we do not have good licensing support at the moment for
images on the wiki. Since it is the IJ2 logo right now we would want a
permissive license that indicates where the image came from, i.e. attribution
4.0 <http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/>... so in your publication
you would just need add an attribution blurb.

Anyway I will look into adding file licenses to the wiki to make this more
formal and provide licensing link templates, a la wikimedia
<https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page>. Thanks for bringing it up;
good luck with the publication! :)

Best,
Mark