[ImageJ-devel] JavaFX, ImageJ, Maven and Java 8

Mongis Cyril cyril.mongis at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 18 10:27:39 CDT 2015

Dear all,

I'm facing a little problem. When developing our JavaFx interface for
ImageJ, I tried to use Maven as base to load the dependencies but it failed
miserably for two reasons. The first was that it was really hard to find a
pom configuration that would allow a flawless support of Bioformat and
Bioformat Compatibility Plugin, and because Maven would refuse to compile
when using Java 8 (some toolkit 1.6 if I remember correctly. This forced me
to use a classic JavaFX Netbeans environment (stealing all the jars from
the last Fiji release XD).

But now I'm facing a little problem : loading plugins. While the basic
plugins are loaded(the ones located in the imagej-plugins and
scijava-plugins jars), all the plugins located in the plugin directory
remain unloaded. I searched in the code how the plugin loading mechanism
works but I wasn't able to find an entry point for, for instance, an
absolute path of a plugin folder. I changed the imagej.dir property,
without success. I did some researches on how the class loading works but
I'm still searching for an entry point, a way to specify a plugin directory
so I can test the interface with more plugins.

Home could I load the plugin from a specific directory ? Is it why ImageJ
uses this ImageJ Launcher ?

Cheers,

Cyril
http://www.cyrilmongis.net