[ImageJ-devel] Confusion about SubsampleIntervalView, HyperSliceImgPlus, etc.

Jan Schier schier at utia.cas.cz
Wed Feb 25 04:39:57 CST 2015

> Hi Jan,
>
> Apologies for the delay in reply.

no problem, many thank for your reply!

>  > I run into conflict between net.imglib2.meta.ImgPlus<T> and
>  > net.imagej.ImgPlus<T> now.
>
> That suggests a clash of dependencies. The "net.imglib2.meta.ImgPlus" is
> gone, in favor of (for the time being [1]) net.imagej.ImgPlus.
>
> Everything should work if you update your POM to extend the newest
> pom-imagej (5.10.0 at the time of this writing), and purge all "import
> net.imglib2.meta" lines from your imports in favor of the new "import
> net.imagej" class instead.  The HyperSliceImgPlus, though deprecated,
> was updated to use net.imagej.ImgPlus, so hopefully this will work for you.

OK, thanks, I will check this.

>  > what should I use for the subsampling operations to do it properly?
>
> The API for doing this is still under development. The Views.interpolate
> method [2] is probably a good starting point, though it is rather low
> level. If what you want is to resample an image, we should create an op
> for that in the ImageJ OPS project (I don't think one exists yet).

I was using Views.subsample in my old code (all I needed was an integer
subsampling), but was going to "rather low level" probably way too
early. Thanks for the hint.

For the moment, I just took the algorithm and reimplemented it in
ImageJ1 - I am much more familiar there and really needed to get the job
done.

I will try to play with OPS and definitely, I will keep eye on its
development  - it really looks great and evolves pretty quickly.

 > [1] In case you are curious: the ImgPlus class really needs a better
 > interface-driven type hierarchy, which has been a long time in coming.
 > It is planned to rework the ImageJ2 data model a bit along these lines
 > later this year.

This will for sure be interesting to follow!

Thanks again,

Jan