[ImageJ-devel] Release-Version job complains about source level 1.7

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Fri Feb 13 10:07:58 CST 2015

Hi Mark & Tobi,

> I was thinking a separate Release_Version job, as opposed to
> configuration in the current job, to avoid accidentally releasing
> artifacts compiled with Java 7 that need to be Java 6 compatible...

Indeed, the problem is that the Release-Version job is configured to use
Java 6 to build and deploy. The BigDataViewer-server job is successful is
because I set it to use Java 7.

We could configure the Release-Version job to use a different Java version
depending on the selected artifact, but it would probably not be worth the
hassle. As Mark suggests, easier will be to create a Release-Version-Java7
job for the Java7-based jobs.

I am out of the office today, but maybe one of you guys could create that
job. Or else I can do it when I return to the office on Tuesday.

> for you to release something against java 7 we would need to ensure
> it's installed and exposed to Release-Version

Note that dev _does_ already have Java 7 installed. It's just not the
default for Jenkins. But it's available in the list of JVMs.