[ImageJ-devel] mvn javadoc problem with java 8

Tobias Pietzsch pietzsch at mpi-cbg.de
Wed Feb 11 09:46:29 CST 2015

Hi,

when I try to build fiji project (specifically bigdataviewer-core) on the command line with

mvn clean install

I get the following errors when running with java 8
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-javadoc-plugin:2.9.1:jar (attach-javadocs) on project bigdataviewer-core: MavenReportException: Error while creating archive:
[ERROR] Exit code: 1 - javadoc: warning - Error fetching URL: http://jenkins.imagej.net/view/Fiji/job/Saalfeld-MPICBG-Maven/javadoc/
[ERROR] /Users/pietzsch/workspace/BigDataViewer/bigdataviewer-core/src/main/java/bdv/viewer/Source.java:57: error: reference not found
[ERROR] * Get the transform from the {@link #getSource(long) source} at timepoint
[ERROR] ^
…

Works fine with java 7 and java 6.

Is this a known problem?

I saw that I can disable javadoc-plugin by setting
	<properties>
		<javadoc.skip>true</javadoc.skip>
	</properties>
in my pom. Is this the recommended workaround?

best regards,
Tobias