[ImageJ-devel] ImageJ-OMERO status update

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Mon May 19 11:43:26 CDT 2014

Hi everyone,

Here is a quick status update on the ImageJ-OMERO project, which seeks to
provide access to ImageJ algorithms from the OMERO server side -- as well
as to allow access to an OMERO database from the ImageJ application.

I have overhauled the ImageJ-OMERO installation procedure (for "installing"
ImageJ into an OMERO server). The installation is now much simpler and more
stable. It downloads the latest Fiji and enables the OMERO-5.0 update site,
which always ships known-working JARs. All updates will be pushed via that
OMERO-5.0 update site, which is consistent with how everything else in the
ImageJ/Fiji world works.

Jython is also no longer necessary. The integration works via Python like
other OMERO scripts.

For full installation instructions, see:
https://github.com/imagej/imagej-omero

Today I will be hammering on some of the more egregious bugs, in the hope
of closing out the 0.1.0 milestone and doing the first stable release. I
will also be ensuring that it is possible to execute ImageJ scripts and
ImageJ 1.x plugins, in addition to only ImageJ2 commands. After that, I'll
work on completing integration of ImageJ results tables with OMERO.tables.

Further details on priorities at:
https://github.com/imagej/imagej-omero/issues/milestones

Adventurous developers are welcome to give it a try -- ImageJ2 commands
worked from OMERO.web in my tests over the weekend, although there is also
a user report of image-related commands not working [1].

I'll send another mail when 0.1.0 has been released.

[1] https://github.com/imagej/imagej-omero/issues/36#issuecomment-43472610