[ImageJ-devel] last release of HistThresh

Carnë Draug carandraug at octave.org
Tue Mar 18 17:04:20 CDT 2014

Hi Barry

early last year you have contacted Antti Niemistö about his HistThresh
toolbox [1]. This was a Matlab toolbox for image thresholding which he
released under GPLv2+. In the mailing list, he agreed to release it
under BSD for ImageJ2 development.

Unfortunately, it appears that he no longer works at the Tampere
University of Technology and the website for the project has been
taken down. His previous email address has also been cancelled and I
couldn't find his new contact. I tried to use wayback machine to
salvage his project, but the last backup [2] was before the last
release (he made one release prompted by your email which fixed a
couple of bugs in the minimum and maximum likelihood method). I have
made a github repository with the version I found [3]

I made an Octave port which works fine for me [4] but I know some
Matlab users who would like to use it. Would you happen to have made a
backup of the last release he made?

Thanks in advance,
Carnë

[1] http://imagej.net/pipermail/imagej-devel/2013-February/001404.html