[ImageJ-devel] [fiji-devel] Re: jython scripting, No compatible service: io.scif.SCIFIOService

Harri Jäälinoja harri.jaalinoja at helsinki.fi
Wed Feb 26 04:28:18 CST 2014

Hi Mark and Johannes,

thanks for your replies, good to know I'm on the right track :)

The classpath variable does look correct:
hajaalin at biotek973:~/Software/mvn-IJ2$ echo $CP
/home/hajaalin/Software/mvn-IJ2/target/dependency/ij-core-2.0.0-beta-7.7.jar:/home/hajaalin/Software/mvn-IJ2/target/dependency/base64-2.3.8.jar:/home/hajaalin/S

I have Ubuntu 12.04 and Jython 2.5.1+, there is no -J-cp option. I was
wondering if I maybe specified a wrong property with -D, so I tried also
python.jythonc.classpath
(http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/precise/man5/jython.conf.5.html),
but then the io classes were not found at all. So jython
-Dpython.path=$JARLIST seems correct. I picked it up from the same SO
post you also found.

Just to be sure, the SCIFIOService class is in a jar that's on the list:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
No compatible service: io.scif.SCIFIOService
hajaalin at biotek973:~/Software/mvn-IJ2$ jar tvf
target/dependency/scifio-0.9.2.jar |grep SCIFIOService
    150 Fri Feb 14 16:24:24 EET 2014 io/scif/SCIFIOService.class

Which linux vm and Jython version did you use? Did you get the image to
open also there? I'll try and install Jython 2.5.3.

Harri

--
Harri Jäälinoja
Light Microscopy Unit