[ImageJ-devel] Img <-> BufferedImage conversion

Brian Schlining bschlining at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 13:13:24 CDT 2014

Hi Curtis,

One thing I need to do is transform Img (actually ArrayImg) objects to BufferedImages.
Note that if what you want is to transform N-dimensional Imgs to rendered BufferedImages (e.g., at specific planes, perhaps composited, and so forth), you can use the Projector and Converter API:
Yes, for the most part, I want to transform the Img to BufferedImages so that I can draw info onto them. (See attached example). A full round-trip might not be needed, but it would be a nice to have.

https://github.com/imglib/imglib/tree/imglib2–2.0.0-beta–26/core/src/main/java/net/imglib2/display/projector https://github.com/imglib/imglib/tree/imglib2–2.0.0-beta–26/core/src/main/java/net/imglib2/converter

This is how ImageJ2 actually paints Img objects on screen, using CompositeXYProjector and RealLUTConverter.
Can you give me a code example of how this would work? It’s not obvious from the javadocs how to use a Projector and Converter to generate a BufferedImage.

– Brian Schlining