[ImageJ-devel] (no subject)

Brian Northan bnorthan at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 14:26:27 CDT 2014

Hi List

Johannes recently pointed me to the formatting and cleanup styles of the
top level imagej project (
https://github.com/imagej/imagej/tree/master/config).

They work great.  Though one thing I've noticed is that it seems to handle
the curly braces of functions with a multi-line declaration differently
then those with one line.  What I mean is.

short declaration gets formatted like this...

public int sillyFunction1(final boolean b) {
        return 0;
    }

but if the declaration wraps to the next line the curly brace goes to
another line

public int sillyFunction2(final boolean b, final int someInteger,
        final long... dims)
    {
        return 0;
    }

Does anybody else notice this??  Is it an intended part of the style??
I've noticed this pattern in a few places in the imagej-ops code.
Sometimes the curly braces for a function (or class declaration) are on the
same line, sometimes on a new line.  Seems to depend on the length of the
function/class declaration.

Brian
<https://github.com/imagej/imagej-ops/blob/master/src/main/java/net/imagej/ops/arithmetic/add/AddConstantToArrayByteImage.java>