[ImageJ-devel] Deadlock: DefaultStatusService.showStatus calls EventService.publish / AbstractColorTool.drawIcon gets active dataset view

Barry DeZonia bdezonia at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 14:00:09 CDT 2013

I think that we should not need to make these changes. Curtis is right in
that the services should shut down in an orderly fashion. I think the real
problem is the services aren't shutting down in an expected order. One can
print which services are getting disposed in what order and can see that
they are nowhere near to the original initialization order. The
ThreadService is terminating very early and then active threads associated
with its executor become invalid. The ThreadService should be one of the
last things to dispose but it is one of the first.