[ImageJ-devel] ImageJ with java 1.7?

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Fri May 31 11:42:53 CDT 2013

Hi Chris,

> I can't find any way to download java 1.6 and have it as an option for
> running Netbeans.

You can reinstall Java 6 on OS X. See e.g.:
  http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13653597/jdk-6-on-mountain-lion

You can verify which Javas are installed using this script:
  https://github.com/ctrueden/ctr-scripts/blob/master/java-info

You can configure which JDK NetBeans uses using the Tools > Platforms menu
command. Click "Add Platform" and choose the Contents/Home subfolder of
something in /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines (or maybe
/System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines if the JDK in question is not in
the former folder).

HTH,
Curtis