[ImageJ-devel] Trying Git, was Re: GitHub for Mac

Johannes Schindelin Johannes.Schindelin at gmx.de
Thu Jun 27 16:40:52 CDT 2013

Hi Chris,

On Thu, 27 Jun 2013, Johannes Schindelin wrote:

> [...]

Another, really brilliant resource is this:

	http://try.github.io

Make sure to read carefully the text above the pseudo-terminal. For
example, when they say

	Our terminal prompt below is currently in an octobox directory.

they mean that the current directory is called "octobox".  And when they
later say that

	I created a file called octocat.txt

that is important information to understand why the second "git status"
shows something different than the first.

I am certain that one interactive run-through with said page will help you
understand the principles, although I think they should have estimated 20
minutes for the little course, not 15.

Ciao,
Johannes