[ImageJ-devel] GitHub for Mac, was Re: Copy Plugin directly to Plugins folder.

Chris chris at gaiag.net
Thu Jun 27 15:27:37 CDT 2013

OK, but I created the README on the website (https://github.com/ad1054/Postcards), not with a terminal command.  When I then went through the instructions and tried to create the Hello-World README from the terminal, that's when I got the errors.  When I click the "clone in desktop" button on the github.com site, it takes me to the http://mac.github.com/ site where my only option is to download Git for Mac -- which I already downloaded.

> Step (D) is "git commit"
> Step (E) is "git push"
>
> The book and other Git tutorials have more information.
>
> You are already really close -- you have the code on your local workstation, you have a GitHub repository already in existence, you have a local Git repository linked to that remote repository, so all you have to do is commit and push.
>
> The errors you mentioned yesterday were because your local Git repository had the wrong URL for the GitHub remote. That's why I asked you to check the output of "git remote -v". It should say your origin is "https://github.com/ad1054/Postcards". If it says "Hello-World" that is wrong. To fix, try this:
>
> git remote rm origin
> git remote add origin https://github.com/ad1054/Postcards

This is the result of those commands in my terminal:

ChrisGAIAG:~ chris$ git remote rm origin
fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
ChrisGAIAG:~ chris$ git remote add origin https://github.com/ad1054/Postcards
fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git

So do I need to cd to some place first?

> Or, as Johannes says: just reclone from your GitHub remote into a new directory, and then copy your files into there, and then commit and push using the GitHub for Mac GUI.
>
> Don't worry about "screwing anything up" because you can always just delete and recreate the repository. It's not like you're going to lose hundreds of hours of work, here.
>
> Regards,
> Curtis

The GitHub for Mac is a complete mystery right now.  There is a long list of my java classes and resources, followed at the end with a link to my NetBeans project folder, so I see there is a link to my computer.  I guess I am in fact close.  I just need to figure out how to commit and push.

And of course, resolve the strange errors in my project that can't recognize the Swing components of my jFrames when I removed the APC_ class from my pom dependencies.  Now when I attempt to run it on my computer, I get this error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jdesktop/layout/GroupLayout$Group
	at A_Postcard.run(A_Postcard.java:25)
	at A_Postcard.main(A_Postcard.java:35)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jdesktop.layout.GroupLayout$Group

 Also, when I was able to run my project, I get an error that it could not find the class "Versatile Wand" which is in my project's target>classes.