[ImageJ-devel] ImageJ will not open, needs java SE 6 runtime

Chris christopher.coulon at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 14:01:53 CDT 2013

In attempting to open ImageJ or Fiji, I am getting an error: To open "ImageJ," you need a Java SE 6 runtime.  I have never seen this error before.  I use a Mac PowerBook Pro 10.7.5.  Also, in attempting to run ImageJ from the terminal, I get:

ChrisGAIAG:ImageJ chris$ java -jar -mx256m ImageJ.app/Contents/Resources/Java/ij.jar
Error: Unable to access jarfile ImageJ.app/Contents/Resources/Java/ij.jar

Is this a known problem, and is there a fix for it?