[ImageJ-devel] Postcard Project does not recognize a resource

Johannes Schindelin Johannes.Schindelin at gmx.de
Sun Jul 7 12:04:16 CDT 2013

Hi Chris,

On Sat, 6 Jul 2013, Chris wrote:

> The errors magically went away this morning,

I think there was little magic involved, and more the synchronizing power
of GitHub for Mac.

> so I tried running my project and got the following error:

> 	at javax.swing.ImageIcon.<init>(ImageIcon.java:205)
> 	at PostCard.initComponents(PostCard.java:69)
> 	at PostCard.<init>(PostCard.java:31)
> 	at A_Postcard.run(A_Postcard.java:25)
> 	at A_Postcard.main(A_Postcard.java:35)

The problem is that you inherited a bug I introduced into
minimal-ij1-plugin. Initially intended to include the Java sources by
default, it unfortunately also excluded src/main/resources by mistake. I
cherry-picked the fix to my fork of your repository (see how cunningly I
sneak in some Git lingo for your learning benefit?) and opened a pull
request:

	 https://github.com/ad1054/Postcards/pull/2

Again, if you merge this on the web site, you *have* to give the GitHub
application your computer a chance to synchronize (it is somewhere in the
menu when you opened the appropriate local repository, IIRC
Tools>Synchronize...) because there is no way that the GitHub web site
will trigger an update of your local files automatically upon merging a
pull request.

Ciao,
Johannes