[ImageJ-devel] [Postcards] Bring Postcards up-to-speed (#1)

Johannes Schindelin Johannes.Schindelin at gmx.de
Wed Jul 3 23:21:43 CDT 2013

Hi Chris,

On Wed, 3 Jul 2013, Chris wrote:

> Excellent!  Thank you Dscho!  I can certainly see my project in GitHub
> now.  I did a merge but I still do not understand how I can develop my
> project on my computer (MacBook Pro OS 10.7.5).  When I do a Clean and
> Build of my project in NetBeans, I still get the errors:
>
> COMPILATION ERROR :
> Text_Tool.java:[41,27] error: package org.jdesktop.layout does not exist

This suggests to me that you still did not use GitHub for Mac and still
did not clone your own project with it. You will find that using GitHub
for Mac will tell you when you have local or remote changes, and will help
you reconcile them.

Ciao,
Johannes

P.S.:

> so I still am missing the operation that pushes the project back to my
> computer with the correct repairs.

I bet nothing you read about Git calls this a "push". I bet all of those
articles call that a "pull" or a "fetch & merge".