[ImageJ-devel] cell-serialisation

Tobias Pietzsch pietzsch at mpi-cbg.de
Wed Jul 3 10:40:08 CDT 2013

Hi Mark,

we just noticed the merge of the cell-serialization branch, that makes AbstractCell Serializable and therefore final field non-final.
Actually Stephan Saalfeld noticed, I would have missed it probably. It would be nice if such changes could be discussed before they are merged to master.
Did you do any tests to evaluate the performance impact of un-finalizing the fields.
What is this needed for and are there other alternatives to achieve it instead of making AbstractCell Serializable.

best regards,
Tobias