[ImageJ-devel] What about this huge Java security issue?? How do we keep ImageJ users both safe and satisfied with a Java platform?

Johannes Schindelin Johannes.Schindelin at gmx.de
Fri Jan 11 14:48:34 CST 2013

Hi Bill,

On Fri, 11 Jan 2013, Mohler,William wrote:

> I'm hoping just what you're thinking.  But the press here is telling
> people to "uninstall java" as the only certain way to avoid having their
> systems hacked.  This is now backed by an announcement by US Dept of
> Homeland Security that there is no other recourse...  Not easy stuff to
> deal with, right or wrong.

Where are the links, anyway? In every news article I read in the past two
days about the vulnerability, it was made quite obvious that this is about
applets, some even including instructions how to disable Java applets in
Firefox, Safari, Chrome.

Without anything more specific, I am afraid I cannot help you.

Hth,
Johannes