[ImageJ-devel] Java Swing layout

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Mon Dec 2 15:42:11 CST 2013

Hi Nico,

> I remember that you mentioned the MiG Layout manager a while back on
> one of the mailing list, and am curious to hear if you have experience
> working with it, and whether or not it would be worth trying it out.

MigLayout is my layout manager of choice. Be warned that I always hand code
my GUIs, but I think MigLayout removes some of the most painful aspects of
it. If you "git grep" the ImageJ2 codebase for MigLayout, there are a few
examples in there. Here is a pretty good one:

https://github.com/imagej/imagej/blob/imagej-2.0.0-beta-7.5/ui/swing/commands/src/main/java/imagej/ui/swing/commands/CommandFinderPanel.java#L134

But really the MigLayout white paper linked from their front page is pretty
much all you need to know to get started!