[ImageJ-devel] Skeletonize command behavior

Davide Heller davide.heller at imls.uzh.ch
Mon Dec 2 05:39:17 CST 2013

Dear all,

     I am using the default Skeletonize command (Process>Binary>Skeletonize) to process a cell tissue segmentation result (see example https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xeg2cgh35qr9g6g/5sVHvWRbZ1 skeletonize_input.tif, 4kb). While 1.46m (1.46r tested) produces a connected set of lines in location [30,40] (skeletonize_result_1.46m.tif, 4kb), the future versions (first tested 1.47h, last 1.48h, skeletonize_result_1.47h-48h.tif, 4kb) do produce an unconnected version. I noticed a change to the Skeletonize command introduced with version 1.47d, but I am not sure whether this is the cause.

Assuming 8-connectivity of the skeletonization, actually also the previous result has a flaw preserving a 4px-square in the same location. Could anybody comment on which behavior is the correct one or if both are wrong.

Many thanks,
Davide

Davide Heller
PhD candidate