[ImageJ-devel] 'Freeze' button

Michael Doube michael at doube.net
Tue Aug 20 14:21:00 CDT 2013

> It would be nice to have numbered Fiji releases that can be referred
> back to (and even better, rolled back to) at a later date. i.e.
> something like:-
>   http://rsbweb.nih.gov/ij/download/src/
>   http://developer.imagej.net/downloads

Or...
https://github.com/mdoube/BoneJ/releases

> but via the updater, and with all dependencies frozen.
+1

> Not sure how painful that would be to implement, but so long as you
> don't need to cache too many versions and their dependencies I guess
> it shouldn't be unbearable.

What about using git tags and on request, checking out and building that
release ready for download? Would take some time to build, for sure -
popular builds could get cached and old ones deleted - fresh builds
would email with a notification when ready for download.

> I usually advise co-workers *not* to update Fiji / ImageJ when they
> are in the middle of some important analysis task because updates can
> be a double-edged sword.
+1

Michael