[ImageJ-devel] [fiji-devel] The end of ImgLib1

Albert Cardona sapristi at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 21:09:35 CDT 2013

2013/4/30 Stephan Preibisch <preibischs at janelia.hhmi.org>

> Hi again,
>
> Johannes did the merge, we have a new project called "legacy-imglib1", it
> lives in src-plugins. All plugins in the Fiji master are already updated, I
> will push it in the next 5 minutes. For any submodules that depend on
> imglib1 - like TrakEM2 - just remove all references to imglib in the
> pom.xml and instead add:

That's a great solution, thanks Johannes and Stephan. In this way, ImgLib1
is still distributed in Fiji, and the 3D Viewer and TrakEM2 can continue
working as they are. Additionally, the ImgLib1 scripting can also continue
as it is, which guarantees that the example scripts in the Nature Methods
paper continue to run, as well as the examples in the Fiji tutorial in
Jython that I wrote. (It is surprising how many labs are using ImgLib1
indirectly via the scripting classes from jython, some of them here at
Janelia.)

Albert